The Personal Essay—Discovering Content and Learning Structure
- We will use three separate exercises to discover what it is you want to tell colleges about yourself. Come ready to think and feel.
- With two examples you will learn the narrative style essay outline and grasp how paragraphs work together to create interest and convey your character.
- We will discuss FAQs on college essays, tips for the Common App Personal Essay and the UC Personal Insight Questions.
- You will have 30 minutes of writing time to get started on your essay or a solid essay outline.
- You will receive an Essay Editing Checklist.
Date & Time: Saturday, June 17th 9:30-11:30AM. Please arrive ten minutes early!
Location: 475 Calle Lippizana, Goleta, CA 93117. (Exit 116 El Capitan Ranch Rd) Gate Code required—will be sent with registration confirmation.
Thank you for registering for The Personal Essay—Discovering Content and Learning Structure, a two-hour workshop. Please share this workshop with other rising seniors you feel could benefit. ThinkYes will respond to your registration by email and provide directions.